As an interdisciplinary scientific field that aims to make sense of image data (pictures and videos), computer vision attempts to understand and automate the work that can be done by human vision. The fields of study in computer vision include image processing, image analysis, AI, ML and DL. Parallel to the increased trends of big data, the speed of development of computer vision technology has also boosted. With the rise of AI in recent years, in solving problems, computer vision has been more effective than humans.
Computer vision aims to:
- Detect, segment, locate, and define objects in pictures,
- Evaluate results,
- Create the image of the objects from different angles,
- Track objects,
- Map 3D model extraction from the photograph of the scenes,
- Detect human movements, and
- Search images based on their content.